Saturday, May 29, 2010

Daycare

I should start off by saying that this post has no pictures. I really should see if I can get a picture of Anderson at daycare.... I am very pleased to report that we have survived our first two weeks - my being back at work and Anderson going to TutorTime.

The ladies at TutorTime are just in love with Anderson. They have repeatedly told us that they cannot believe he had never been to daycare before. I guess that first week he didn't show any of the usual signs of distress that a baby normally has early on in their stay. This week Mis Kathy, who works in the mornings, told Dave & I that we must be the most laid back, relaxed couple because Anderson is so calm! The first afternoon I picked him up, every baby in the room (about 8) were screaming their little lungs off. What was Anderson doing? He was sound asleep.

I will admit that when I start thinking about how long he is there - about 10 hours a day - I get a little upset. That is a lot of time. Then I think about everything he is gaining by being there. They really are great! Dave & I drop him off together most mornings around 6:45. Anderson is usually smiling and talking around this time. He talks to us while we are getting ready. Thus far I have been able to make it to pick him up by 5 in the evening.

On a side note - Anderson is rolling from his side to his belly, and he can go belly to back. He just hasn't mastered putting it all together yet. He also loves his floor activity mat. He kicks the crossbars over it to activate the music box - which lights up. Then he just laughs! We really need to get video of him doing it!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, videos and pictures of that sweet little boy would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete