Sunday, May 16, 2010

Four Months

5/6/2010

I have become a slacker when it comes to posting messages. At least I can sneak in one a month! Anderson is now 4 months old!! Since I am running a little behind, his four month appointment was actually almost 2 weeks ago. At that appointment he weighed in at 11 pounds, 5 ounces and was 24 and a quarter inches long! He is only a quarter of an inch shorter than I was at that age!!!

Month four was very exciting! He had many experiences that most people do not have ever!! In one week he attended a doctoral thesis defense and Relay For Life. Oh, and he went to the retirement party of a dean of student affairs! Does he have a parent in higher education or what??


4/22/10 with Dr. Lisa Cahill!!

Now, the time has come for me to go back to work after being off for 6 months!!! Where does the time go? I am scared, excited, nervous, sad... I am everything all at once. I am sad to have to leave Anderson at daycare. Yet, I am also really excited about the new things he will learn while there! I think it is going to be great, once I get over the fact that I will not have him with me all day.

Part of my excitement also comes from my having a new position at ASU. I still work for the same department (University Academic Success Programs), but now I will be working more administratively - and out of our Tempe office! I will miss the easy commute to the Poly campus, though in terms of mileage it is closer to Tempe. There are also a lot of people I am going to miss as well. Such is the nature of moving. My new position has me overseeing the Supplemental Instruction program for all the campuses and working on other projects for the good of the whole department - versus just doing work for one campus. I am still an assistant director. Yes it is more responsibility. No it is not more pay.

Anderson and I worked very hard over the last week to pack up the old office and move all my crap to the new office. We were too tired to get much unpacking done. At least that means I have busy work to do to keep my mind off of the fact that he is not sleeping on the floor right beside me!!



4/11/10 - Look at the slippers!


The outfit on the right is the one he came home from the hospital in, and it was too big. The one on the left is what he is sleeping in now, and he is just about too big for it!!!


4/42/10 - An Arizona baby!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE his outfit in the top picture! He looks so cute in it. ;)

    ReplyDelete